Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018! This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
The skilled Electrician will be responsible for all things mechanical within the plant. This individual must be able to conduct all troubleshooting automated production lines and process equipment. They are responsible for performing safe efficient repairs to mechanical manufacturing and process equipment, which includes performing routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance for the entire manufacturing facility.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintain high safety standards
- Troubleshoots, repairs and installs electrical and mechanical services with a knowledge of 600 V AC and lower field wiring, complete with an understanding of associated instrumentation and control/PLCs/BAS systems.
- Completes work requests, applies corrective measures
- Performs preventative maintenance and regular Work Orders, accounts for inventory and labour on computerized maintenance system
- Fulfills requirements of work order programs including requesting assistance when needed
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Other responsibilities as require
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Fulfills all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Directly helps the department and the facility to meet targets and goals while maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgment about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Values
Education & Experience
- Must hold a valid and current 309A Ontario Electrician Licence
- Able to work shift work and overtime as required including weekends
- Able to do heavy lifting regularly (up to 50 lbs)
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team member
- Mechanical troubleshooting with / without manuals and correcting production issues.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation.
- Maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures.
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installation.
- Ensure lines are set at normal operating conditions for proper start-up and shut down processes to be executed.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Maintain equipment and utilize the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Must be proficient in requisitioning / maintaining parts inventories to ensure an uninterrupted flow of parts through the department.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Keep supervisor informed of any changes in operating procedures, any unusual circumstances and any actions planned to resolve problems.
- Ability to read and write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating &maintenance instructions and manuals.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.