Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Control access to building, operate security camera equipment and patrol assigned areas to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
- Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed
- Issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas, check age identification of patrons, and perform security bag checks, as required
- Drive/guard armoured trucks, pick-up and deliver cash/valuables
- Investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments
- Working in conjunction with the Asset Protection Manager
- Works effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Protecting company property and staff by maintaining a safe & secure environment
- Using corporate protocol to greet facility guests
- Ensure all doors are secured when closing facility
- Must be dressed in proper security uniform at all times
- Keeping work area clean and presentable
- Able to fill out deviation reports
- Assisting in escorting individuals off premise, if necessary
*MUST BE FLEXIBLE to WORK ROTATING SHIFTS: 7am – 3pm
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgement about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Values
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field of equivalent work experience
- A college diploma in law and security or police technology may be required.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge/operation skill of office equipment
- Security Licence as asset
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.