Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
*Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Formulation Manager oversees all aspects of cannabis extract product bulk formulation in compliance with federal regulations.
- Oversees operation and maintenance of equipment related to cannabis derivative production, and has overarching responsibility for sanitation, including facilities, equipment and work surfaces.
- Works closely with Product Development and Regulatory to develop new products (including equipment selection, installation, and development of SOPs) and implementation of new materials to improve productivity.
- Coordinating with QA for test results and product release.
- Works closely with Inventory on production/demand planning and performs weekly/monthly production planning for department.
- Perform reviews and hiring of technicians, working with Director of Extraction and Refinement.
- Work closely with Director of Extraction and Refinement and Director of Engineering on new equipment selection and production development.
- Overarching responsibility for
- Milling, Decarboxylation
- SCO, FCO production
- Equipment maintenance
- Documentation * Weekly/Monthly planning of production
- Control planned vs. actual production values
- Co-management of Product/Process Development projects from initiation to completion
- SOP development
- Travels to outside locations when necessary for R&D
- Work scheduling and team training and performance
- New production materials change controls
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Pharmaceutical Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional related experience within a food, cosmetic, natural health product, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with tabletting and encapsulation.
- Experience with emulsification and semi-solid formulations.
- Experience with equipment maintenance.
- Good cross-functional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple projects and production planning.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Available to travel to company locations within Ontario
- Solid understanding of equipment, manufacturing processes, maintenance and quality standards
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of extraction, distillation, separation methods
- Knowledge of Good Production Practices and/or Good Manufacturing Practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- First aid training and other industry related training an asset
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions. The role involves working with flammable materials.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.