Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Reporting to the Director of Planning, the Demand Planner will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner will create and maintain forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment and analysts. You will support sales growth, balancing supply and demand with teamwork and collaboration.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Weekly Supply Reviews, Integrated Marketing Reviews, CS Service Reviews, Monthly Integration
• Analysis of weekly retail sales results [POS] and inventory levels with recommendations on optimizing sales and inventory and impact to customer forecasts
• Lead/Facilitate forecasting process changes & Continuous Improvement initiatives with demand planning and cross functional teams
• Identify & frame risks, opportunities and any critical business decisions and escalate up through the S&OP process to ensure decision making
• Oversee demand planning and manage processes for new products
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
• Create statistical forecasts: gather/analyze and validate data, execute statistical modeling software, review resulting statistical forecast model, apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting, summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
• Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers
• Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
• Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
• Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
• Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
• Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
• Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
• Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
• Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
• Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
• Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
• Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
• Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
• 5+ years’ experience with large retail enterprises in Demand Planning or similar role
• Proven ability to exceed expectations while working in a fast-paced environment
• High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and technical proficiency with demand planning systems
• Self-motivated with strong decision-making abilities
• Degree or Diploma in related field
• Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
• Must pass an RCMP security clearance
• While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.