Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better every day. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are a team player with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will be instrumental in advancing CannTrust’s FP&A function. This position is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and analysis, as well as supporting business partners across all departments to drive good decision making through sound financial judgment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing the financial planning process, including but not limited to budgets, forecasts, annual operating plan
- Supporting the full budget cycle including monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis, quarterly forecasting and regular financial model building, while managing timelines with all department heads
- Developing other sensitivity or scenario analyses to identify opportunities and risks in the business and market
- Operating as the Finance business partner for all departments to assist in cross departmental key business decisions, including ad hoc analysis
- Monitoring financial performance and KPI’s, identifying and highlighting trends and presenting findings/recommended action items to the senior leadership team
- Working through large data sets using Microsoft Excel and other data tools such as Tableau to understand key business and industry trends and to recommend necessary action items
- Preparing financial and visual reports for the senior leadership team and board of directors
- Developing scenario analyses to support executive decision making
- Support the financial reporting team with complex and operational activities
- Support the financial reporting team during quarterly and annual reporting cycles
- Assisting in the due diligence of new opportunities including building valuation reports and performing ROI/NPV analyses
Education & Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of business and financial planning and analysis experience preferably with a publicly traded company, global organization or public accounting firm
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and strong financial modelling skills
- Experience with data tools/Tableau considered an asset
- Must be able to understand what the financial data tells us and why
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently in an entrepreneurial environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all work products and deliverables
- Naturally curious; if something seems off you want to roll up your sleeves and figure out what’s going on
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with utilizing a multi-dimensional ERP system
- Experience with and preference for a fast-growing, dynamic and rapidly changing environment (this industry is constantly evolving and things are always changing!)
- Experience providing financial and analytical support to those outside the Finance function
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process