Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all aspects of key initiatives and projects across multiple business functions in support of the Manufacturing program at Vaughan.
- Report regularly and directly to the Director of Manufacturing on production, quality, engineering, and labor related issues using industry defined and developed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor results.
- Manages staff up to 25 packaging technicians, formulations and API derivatives manufacturing with ability to hire, train, develop, promote, and move employees through the organization in coordination with the company’s overall strategic plan.
- Sustains and maintains calibration and preventative maintenance program of manufacturing equipment to ensure fixed assets are preserved and provides recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to optimize cost, quality, capacity, lead-time, delivery, and time to market for new products, and work in close collaboration and partnership with Finance, Quality, Sales, and Production departments to optimize overall operational excellence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment of goals and priorities and ensures availability of manufacturing capacity to meet increasing demand for existing products and for the launch of new products
- Provide solutions to root cause analysis investigations identified by quality, to non-conformances that are the direct result of manufacturing operations.
- Ensure proactive engagement and representation of Manufacturing during product development cycles to ensure future products meet quality, service, and cost objectives
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 3+ years of experience in GMP Operations/Manufacturing environment with Food, Petrochemical, Nutraceuticals or Pharmaceutical background
- Mechanical and technical aptitude for packaging process machinery, instrumentation, PLC control systems and tooling
- Proven project management skills and demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. CGMP, OSHA, EPA, EU)
- Ability to partner with stakeholders and influence at all levels of the organization
- Experience in a leadership-based role considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of the cannabis industry
- Able to work and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- Experience with GMP practices considered an asset
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.