Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
CannTrust™ is a leading provider of pharmaceutical grade medical cannabis. At CannTrust, we are committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of Cannabis.
We have a lightning fast paced, dynamic and fun environment, where our Team is serious about being a global leader in the cannabis industry. Founded in 2014, we are a publicly traded (“TRST” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) and federally regulated licensed producer of cannabis with locations in Vaughan and Niagara. This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate leader with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are a customer-centric leader who has a strong focus on developing the talent on your team through mentorship and leadership. Of course, you are also able to deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities (what you do day to day)
- Develop the architectural design for scalable, enterprise solutions and integrations
- Works with the Director of IT to develop the appropriate technology, workflow, and coding standards
- Works with the Director of Systems to develop technical project specifications
- Develop and maintain application documentation
- Provides technical expertise to project teams and/or leads teams to complete projects
- Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
- Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
- Perform code-review
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years architecting and developing front end web portals
- Minimum of 3-5 years architecting and developing RESTful APIs
- Minimum of 3-5 years architecting and developing data models