Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
*Who You Are*
The ideal candidate is a strategic, agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a seasoned marketing leader who knows how to engage cross functional teams to drive business results, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Recommend, develop and lead a team to execute annual marketing plans
- Lead a team to ensure flawless execution of marketing plans
- Develop strategies and proactively respond to consumer trends, competitive threats, brand issues, and opportunities
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights, faster than the competition
- Builds and defends market share with plans aligned to category strategies
- Develop comprehensive understanding of brand equity, target market, and positioning relative to competitors
- Masters deep consumer/shopper insights to drive strategy and category growth
- Creates all required tools for sales team go to market plans
- Working with cross functional teams to lead the commercialization of new products
- Managing launch campaigns and distribution channels for new and existing products
- Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising
- Manage external consultants and/or agencies
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts, recommending, adjusting and implementing plans as applicable
- Very accountable for brands and knows how to champion feedback and coach ABMs
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field required. Master’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- 5+ years of brand management experience for a Tier 1 CPG company, beverage / alcohol related fields
- Strong understanding of Strategic marketing planning, creative brief development and execution of creative campaigns
- Experience managing and coaching a strong team of future marketers
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations within the GTA
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.