Who We Are
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
CannTrust™ is a leading provider of pharmaceutical grade medical cannabis. At CannTrust, we are committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of Cannabis.
We have a lightning fast paced, dynamic and fun environment, where our Team is serious about being a global leader in the cannabis industry. Founded in 2014, we are a publicly traded (“TRST” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) and federally regulated licensed producer of cannabis with locations in Vaughan and Niagara.
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Mechanical troubleshooting with / without manuals and correcting production issues.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation.
- Maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures.
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installation.
- Ensure lines are set at normal operating conditions for proper start-up and shut down processes to be executed.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of equipment
- Maintain equipment and utilize the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Must be able to complete assigned PM’s, work orders and other duties as assigned within a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
- Ensure department has proper maintenance equipment and supplies to perform tasks properly.
- Knowledge of basic electrical manufacturing components and abilities to troubleshoot any equipment faults.
- Must possess skills in routine welding and fabricating repairs.
- Must be proficient in requisitioning / maintaining parts inventories to ensure an uninterrupted flow of parts through the department.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Keep supervisor informed of any changes in operating procedures, any unusual circumstances and any actions planned to resolve problems
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, detailed repair drawings, and recommended spares related to construction equipment and machinery.
- Ability to read and write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to determine best course of action in troubleshooting and repairing equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgment about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Value
Education & Experience
- Licensed Interprovincial licence 433a
- Ability to read CAD drawings.
- Mathematical skills.
- Licensed to operate scissor lift and forklift.
- Strong knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, OHSA, TSSA, and WHMIS.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.