Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards – Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust – a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
*Who You Are
As a Manager, Communications and Public relations for CannTrust, you’ll manage internal and external activities that help to tell the CannTrust story and amplify the CannTrust brand. Reporting to the Director of Communications and External Relations, this role will support a variety of initiatives from CannTrust’s Sales and Marketing Team including public relations, events, marketing communications, corporate communications, community relations, social media and investor relations. The incumbent is creative, enthusiastic, detail-oriented self-starter and passionate about helping to shape this new industry. This role is a part of a growing team of communicators responsible for ensuring our story is being told to the right stakeholders, and increasing brand awareness amongst consumers and investors. Must be a well-organized, strong and savvy communicator that lives and breathes flawless execution and enjoys working with a team. We are growing and need someone who can hit the ground running!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain positive relations with members of the media either directly or through agency partners; build their knowledge and awareness of the cannabis industry, and create/maintain a positive influence in the public sphere
- Manage media enquiries
- Manage external partners; agencies, translation, photographers and video production
- Support investor relations efforts, including developing campaigns with relevant investor news outlets and evaluating results
- Support the development of required communications for investor relations programs
- Create content for internal communications, including company presentations and newsletters
- Build and own library of assets for all communications
- Support the development of relevant related to sales and marketing
- Support the planning and execution of CSR initiatives, including storytelling, partner engagement, employee volunteer engagement, the organization of events, development of communications materials and integration into existing corporate channels and materials.
- Support brand communications for CannTrust’s medical and consumer product portfolios.
- Engage key stakeholders and associations to communicate and collaborate on corporate initiatives.
- Support issues management to mitigate communications risks and ensure all audiences are well informed.
- Support in the development of an annual communications plan.
- Monitor, measure and assess the effectiveness of communications programs and CSR
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
- Acts as a mentor to peers and cross functional partners
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgment about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Values
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of progressively more responsible positions in communications (either agency or client side), preferably in a similar industry and/or in different organizations
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in communication
- Professional writer: presentation decks, executive speeches, press releases, policy whitepapers, convincing op-ed/ comment pieces
- Experience in communications for CPG, retail, beverage alcohol, pharmaceuticals or cannabis would be an asset
- Understanding of government regulations would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for details. Excellence in execution. Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage projects to be on time and budget
- Excellent command of the English language – French would be an asset
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowered work environment in a small to medium-sized company
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.