Every responsible medical cannabis user should know how to safely store cannabis for two principal reasons. The first is to make sure it is out of reach from curious children or overzealous pets. The second is so that the medical cannabis maintains its potency and doesn’t turn stale or mouldy.
The best way to store cannabis is by following these simple guidelines:
- Cannabis should be kept in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Like with many plants, too much direct light will degrade the cannabis and cause mould.
- Cannabis should be stored in a tight, air controlled container as exposure too much oxygen can weaken the cannabinoids. However, it’s also important that the cannabis is dry when stored as moisture can lead to humidity which can ultimately cause mould.
- Storing medical cannabis in its original LP container is the best idea as it is marked and child proof.
- It is recommended that medical cannabis LP containers be kept out of sight and preferably in a locked place out of reach of non- medical cannabis users.
- If medical cannabis is used to make edibles, clearly mark the edibles so they cannot be confused as regular food(s).
For more information on how to successfully store medical cannabis, please contact CannTrust’s customer care team at 1-855-794-2266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A federally regulated licensed producer, CannTrust™ brings more than 40 years of pharmacy and healthcare experience to the Medical Cannabis industry and applies this expertise to produce quality pharmaceutical-grade Medical Cannabis for patients in need. CannTrust™ is committed to research and innovation, to contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis and to developing novel mechanisms that will make it easier for certain patients to take Medical Cannabis. The company supports ongoing patient education about Medical Cannabis, and has launched a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
- Our state-of-the-art facility provides pharmaceutical quality assurance and control combined with a patient centric approach to ensure we are producing quality products and delivering quality service to our customers.
- Our 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art hydroponic facility provides continuous production of Medical Cannabis to address our patients’ needs.
- We have built our own laboratory with advanced technology and equipment for testing and research on the medical use of cannabis.